Winter Tree Removal & Pruning
Winter is the best time to trim oak, elm and ash trees. Winter pruning will prevent the spread of diseases (tree diseases such as oak wilt, emerald ash borer and Dutch Elm Disease are dormant during the winter months), making it important to avoid pruning oak, elm and ash trees during the active growing months of April through June.
The Benefits of Winter Tree Trimming & Removal?
Pruning a tree during the winter dormancy period is common practice. Benefits of winter tree trimming include:
- Reduce the risk of spreading some of the more common diseases affecting trees, such as oak wilt - typically spread by a beetle through fresh wounds in trees. According to the MN DNR, the best time to trim oaks, elms and ash trees starts in November and ends at the beginning of April.
- Trees are dormant during the Minnesota winter. Because of this dormancy, "wounds" to the tree from trimming will only be exposed for a very short length of time - and in the spring, new growth begins sealing new wounds.
- Pruning also improves the health of your trees by removing dead or dying branches that have previously been injured by disease, insects, mites, animals and storms.
- The ground around your trees is frozen in the winter. Pruning can be done without compacting the soil around the tree's roots. Any heavy equipment needed to access your trees will have less impact on the soil and landscaping around your yard's trees.
The staff at Pioneer Tree Services includes Certified Arborists with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), MN Certified Tree Inspectors and MN Certified Pesticide Applicators. With offices in Princeton and Milaca, Pioneer Tree Service prides itself on friendly service from a company who has 30 years of experience in serving the Twin Cities metro area.
Trust the Winter Tree Pruning Experts
Other benefits of using Pioneer Tree include:
- Safety - we put safety first
- Experience - 30+ yrs experience and the Pioneer Tree crew works as a team
- Efficiency - the best in team work plus the equipment to get it done
- Attention to Customer - yard-friendly equipment; crew is professional yet neighborly
- Local - thousands of happy customers throughout north metro and east central MN
I would reccomend this tree removal service to everyone. I have never seen such ann organized, efficient team! From start to finish professional, organized teamwork from removal to cleanup, and reasonable fee. Very happy with job done!!
5 star review from Google
Request Free Estimate
Do you have a question for Pioneer Tree Service? Would you like to request an estimate for our tree services? Please fill out the form below and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.