Tree Trimming / Tree Pruning
Call (763) 238-5254 or (320) 983-5700 to Request A Tree Trimming Appointment
With over 30 years of experience in tree service, the crews with Pioneer Tree Service can successfully and safely prune trees and trim trees to home and business owners in the Anoka, Blaine, Coon Rapids, Andover, Cambridge, Princeton, Milaca, Zimmerman and other areas around the Twin Cities. Pioneer Tree Service also provides tree pruning and tree removal services to the St. Cloud area.
Do you have a large or dangerous tree that needs to be removed?
Pioneer Tree Services specializes in large and dangerous tree removal. Please call (763) 238-5254 to setup a tree removal appointment.
Why Trim/Prune Trees in Your Yard?
Trimming and pruning trees can help to:
- Remove hazardous branches that are a risk to damage property
- Reduce disease risk - through pruning, tree disease can be prevented from spreading
- Encourage tree growth - tree pruning helps a tree's root system to get stronger, which improves a tree's health and help the new branches to grow.
ISA Certified Arborists
Pioneer Tree Service is a fully insured company, with International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborists and Minnesota Certified Tree Inspectors - true tree health experts.
Oak, Elm, Ash Tree Trimming
Winter is the best time to trim and prune your oak, ash and elm trees. Even in the cold and snow of winter, the Certified Arborists from Pioneer Tree & Landscaping, Inc. are out trimming and pruning trees. Pruning a tree during the winter dormancy period is the recommended practice (see the University of Minnesota Extension web site for more information - https://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/trees-shrubs/pruning-trees-shrubs/#timing). Benefits of winter tree trimming include:
- Trees are dormant during the Minnesota winter. Because of this dormancy, "wounds" to the tree from pruning will only be exposed for a very short length of time - and in the spring, new growth begins sealing new wounds.
- Reduce the risk of spreading some of the more common diseases affecting trees, such as oak wilt and Emeral Ash Borer.
- Pruning can be done without compacting the soil around the tree's roots during winter when the ground is frozen. Any heavy equipment needed to access your trees will have less impact on the soil and landscaping around your yard's trees.
- Pruning also improves the health of your trees by removing dead or dying branches that have previously been injured by disease, insects, mites, animals and storms.
Request Free Estimate
Do you have a question for Pioneer Tree Service? Would you like to request an estimate for our tree services? Please fill out the form below and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.